1/02/2007

Candles and Chocolate

Happy New Year everyone!

I hope everyones new years was as fun as mine. We stayed at home but several people in my complex had a get together. The girl upstairs told me that she has been wanting to cut my hair for a long time. My hair is like an unpainted canvas. Its long and plain with hardly a "cut" to it at all. I haven't had a professional cut since I was pregnant with Brae so I am pretty excited. She wants to give me lots of layers all over and keep the length (so Cowboy doesn't get upset). Personally I don't care what she does with my hair, anything is better then what I have.

I am starting my Partylite business. I hope to make some extra money to help us survive better. If anyone is interested in looking at a catalog I have one online that you can look at. Leave me a comment and I will get in touch with you. There are also opportunities to get free products from the catalog just by collecting orders. Its a really great company and their quality is terrific! Let me know if you are interested in ordering or getting free candles.

I am bad... I haven't sewed a thing in weeks. I made bunches of Christmas Decorations and I cooked bunches of cookies, brownies, and truffles (which were divine).
You know what... Those truffles were so easy and they were fabulous! Here is the recipe.

Chocolate Truffles

Ganache: For the ganache you want to use a double boiler. I filled a saucepan 1/2 way with water and put a metal bowl on top; it worked great.

10-12 oz of QUALITY Chocolate. Try to find the best quality chocolate. Hersheys is not quality. Try Ghiradelli or Vahlronna.

1/2 (with alcohol) or 3/4 (without alcohol) cup Heavy Cream

1/4 cup of rum, brandy, vodka, or some other alcohol (optional)

Warm the cream in a saucepan on med low heat. While it is warming pour the unmelted chocolate in the metal bowl on the double boiler. When the cream is just before simmering pour it over the chocolate and turn the burner on to med high heat. After 2 minutes stir the chocolate and cream slowly until the chocolate is completely melted and the cream is incorporated. Pour the ganache into a 8x8 pan and set in fridge to solidify.

The ganache takes at least 4 hours to cool. Over night is better. When it is cool spoon out a small amount and quickly roll into a ball and cover in your choice of topping or leave plain.
Refrigerate.

When you are rolling the ganache try to keep your hands cold and rinse them to keep them clean. It is much easier to work the ganache this way. It melts with the heat of your hands.

Good luck and let me know how they turn out!

No comments: