11/01/2006

Started A New Quilt

I bought fat eighths from Joann's the other day and began a rail fence quilt. I picked 7 patterns in black and white and 7 patterns in turquoise. I cut them into 22 in strips and I arranged them randomly into 3 strip blocks. I have about 4 strip sets left to sew then I can start cutting the blocks. Its looking really awesome. I have been snapping pics on my moms camera all day. I have a lot of sewing pics coming up.

The first quilt I ever made was something I made up. Its a simple block quilt using several purple patterns. I have the quilt top done. I need to figure out how to do the rest. I am planning on taking it to Bolts in the Bathtub and asking them what to do next. I have the batting for it, but I still need the backing fabric and I need to figure out what I want to put on the edge. I was tossing around the idea of a simple solid purple bias binding. I was also thinking of using a bias binding that matched the fabric I used on the back. Or maybe I will have the sewn edge and no binding. I don't know...

Yesterday was my daughters first time Trick or Treating. We had a great time. I was exhausted though. After standing at a register for 8 hours I raced home 30 min late popped two Extra Strength Pain Relievers and a large cup of steaming Mango Black Tea (fully caffeinated) and raced back out the door. Cowboy, the big child he is, also went trick or treating. Yes he dressed up and collected candy with all the other kids, with a 4 day beard growing. I really tried to ignore it but for some reason it bothered me. I haven't figured out why... perhaps I feel like he needs to grow up in many respects. That probably has a lot to do with it. We had fun yesterday though.

Stay tuned for pics soon!

I am also working on a blog carnaval. I think they are a great way to share great sites with others. I have also become addicted to many awesome blogs and I want to share them with others.

No comments: