5/09/2007

A Sigh of Relief and a Growl of Frustration

I have been so worried the last few days. The other day I realized that I didn't turn in my graduation application for school. I have a pretty active imagination so after an hour of worrying I had convinced myself that I was going to be kicked out of UCSC and I would end up homeless on the street begging for food. In the end it didn't matter that it was late, she basically said the deadline was a formality and she has never in 25 years enforced it. Ahhh a breath of relief....

However, a hour later, my stomach was in knots again. I had an essay test on A Portrait of a Lady in my English Lit class today and I have never felt so unprepared for a test! I think I ended up worrying myself silly again. I kept telling myself that this test is not going to matter in 1 year, 5 years, or 10 years. It would be okay. Oh course, I was right, I was unprepared for the test but not like I thought I would be. I am not going to fail and I might even get a good grade on this one. I am aiming for an A on the next though. Next on the reading list it Women in Love by D.H Lawrence. I hear that it has some racy sex scenes in it so maybe it will be a more exciting read then Portrait.

I had my first two sales in my shop today! Thanks go to Maya Jean and Tiny Sprouts. Thanks so much for your support!

Finally the bad part of my day. As I was sewing a new pouch (black with white polka dots and a red lining and zipper, super cute!) the needle hit the metal end of the zipper and I don't know what happened but its not sewing properly now. I hope it is something minor. I have to finish my moms mothers day present and I have lots of new bags cut and ready to sew! I was planning on a day of sewing tomorrow. Ah well, I have to clean the house anyway.

No comments: