10/19/2006

Mood: Leaves Much To Be Desired

Today wasn't a bad day. Neither was yesterday, so what is with my funk? I have no motivation to do much of anything. I have a huge craving for chocolate and I am feeling fat. Ok, yes I know what the problem really is but I still don't have to like feeling this way.

I feel like I am full of toxins. My body feels heavy and clogged. Maybe I should do a cleansing fast for 2 or 3 days. Just water and fruit a little bit of light soup. I have some Tomato and Red Pepper Soup in the fridge from Trader Joe's. I think that this is a good idea.

Tomorrow I am hosting a drumming with my old religious teacher. Cowboy is actually an Indian so every month or so we have our drum teacher come and drum with us. Its fun but sometimes it is more of a chore. Then on Sat I get to go hang out with my girls for the evening. There is a meteor shower on Sat and Sun night, if you are interested. We will be ridding ourselves of unnecessary junk into the cauldron. My excess weight and laziness will be sacrificed this time. We will also be preparing for our annual Samhain celebration. Its pretty fun. If you don't know what Samhain is, I don't blame you. Many people have not heard of the roots of modern Halloween. If you would like to know more then clink on the link.

I was able to make a purse today. I bought some Amy Butler fabric yesterday when I went to Bolts in the Bathtub. Its a nice store. Except, you know how when you walk into a room you suddenly feel unwelcome or under scrutiny. That's how I felt the whole time I was there. It wasn't a pleasant feeling. Perhaps it is because I look young. I will still go back. Mostly because its the only store in my area that carries designer fabrics. Perhaps after they get to know me as a regular shopper they will lighten up.

Anyway I will post a pic of the purse I made today. Its a Jordy Bag. I followed the pattern from Craftster but I don't think I like how the strap turned out. It looks nice but too wide. I also added Velcro this time and triple stitched the whole bag for extra durability. I think I am going to start making some things for myself. I need to be a little more selfish. First I need a new purse. Maybe a tote. Then I want to get some good white towels and line them in some pretty Amy Butler fabric. I am copying her pattern from her new book, In Stitches, for the towels. Its a great book, by the way, on my with list.
I will post more pics soon of what I have come up with. And I have been working on a Sewing Blog Carnival so stay posted for that.

No comments: