12/15/2006

Fabric Finding

Isn't this a beautiful combination? It is destined to become a purse. I picked up the black at white at JoAnne's last week. I absolutely love black, white and red. Strange, because I don't like any of these colors by themselves.

I am not sure what kind of purse I will be making but I am fashioning a pattern in my head that reminds my of Audrey Hepburn. Simple, stylish, classic, but fun.

The blues are also going to become a purse. I am going to use the same pattern as the brown purse I messed up. The only differences are the D rings I will be using for the straps and the pin that will go on the flap. By the way, the solid colored fabric is 100% linen and it is not that dark. It is much lighter in person.

The pin is beautiful in person. The colors match the fabric beautifully and the shape brings out the flower shapes in the fabric.

This 100% wool sweater was a terrific Goodwill find. And I got it for 1/2 off! It is already partially felted. I need to finish felting it then it is going to become hot pads and pot handle covers. I knew this was for me. I was searching through all these 100% wool sweaters that were just huge, but ugly colors. Then I came across this one. $5 is not what I would normally pay for less then a yard of fabric, but then I noticed that it was 1/2 off white tags day and my sweater had a white tag! Oh it was meant to be!

No comments: