12/23/2006

Unexpectadly Blessed This Year

First I want to thank everyone for reading my blog. I really appreciate all of the comments that I get. Each one fills my heart. This year was a difficult year for my family. Money was tighter then It has ever been, but I have been blessed with many unexpected gifts.

I had a tenant move out of the complex I manage and she was moving across country unexpectedly. Well she couldn't take most of her things so she gave away everything in her apartment. Since I am the manager I get first pickings. I scored an awesome solid wood end table and a small solid wood dresser. Both are very antique-y with their old drawer pulls and hinges.

I got a BEAUTIFUL!!!!! handmade quilt. OH MY !!!!! This is the most beautiful quilt. I LOVE it. It is very romantic Victorian with roses, cream, and antique green. Beautiful roses and a curvy edge. I will take some pics of it as soon as I can. I am going to be using it to design my bedroom.

The best present is that my maintenance guy for my apartment used to be a commercial photographer. Not only did he fix my camera (its in testing phase to make sure its fixed) but her offered to help me with my skills. Said he would show me all sorts of stuff! That is the greatest gift I could have gotten.

Pumpkin got some toys from friends and a great blanket made by a good friend of mine. A new jacket and some other clothes. She got a tricycle from the woman who moved.

Cowboy got the least amount of stuff. I really want to do something nice for him for Yule. I am not sure what I can do but I need to think of something. Any ideas? I appreciate him so much and I want him to know how much I love him.

No comments: